I have been addicted to food all my life and have decided to now find help for my "little" problem and take back control of my body.

I am writing this so that I can inspire, become motivated and finally find a life where food is not the answer to everything.

I am British born, but am currently living in NYC (so please excuse the spelling if it changes about a little bit).

I want this blog to become an inspiration to prove to you and to me that real results can be achieved in real time, on a low budget and by a confirmed couch potato


Welcome to my journey

Saturday 12 September 2009

9/11 remembered

Obviously the entire world knows of the fall of the twin towers and most people I know remember where they were on that fateful day.

This year I was in NYC. It was a very mournful day (even the weather joined in the crying) and very contemplative.

I know of at least 8 people who had lucky escapes that day (their metro didn't arrive on time so were late for work in the towers, the line in the bank inside the towers was too long, the bread machine broke down in the restaurant so a delivery for the 20th floor was unable to be processed, they had gone outside for a smoke at the exact time the first plane hit, etc)

From my roof, I could see the above pictured lights and thought about the family and friends of the 2000 + people that died 8 years ago.

The emotion the day caused in America (especially in NYC) was overwhelming and for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel like eating.

My thoughts go out to every single person across the world who were affected by 9/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin